Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Vow by Kim Carpenter

When the trailer of "The Vow" was coming out in theaters soon my sister told me that there was book out based on the movie. Since Twilight, if I find out a movie is based on a book I prefer to try and read the book first before watching the movie.

I had read and finished the book in a matter of days and thought it was ok. Throughout the book they mention God and references many spiritual thoughts and beliefs. A book perfect for someone who is an active believer in fate. Although it was cool knowing that the woman went to the California State University, Fullerton (a college that I graduated from). But other than that it was just interesting to read about how the couple faced getting back to falling in love all over again. A different approach where a second chance was attempted and an affair was not the cause of it.

I have yet to watch the movie but have noticed differences via the trailer and heard through my sister and friends that this book's true events helped create the movie version that stars Channing Tatum (Leo) and Rachel McAdams (Paige). For one, the car accident described in the movie is not the same accident that was shown in the film. Reading that pivotal scene of the book is what made the real-life couple face many obstacles in getting their relationship back. I realize what when a book is turned into a movie it does not always match the book but in this sense the movie was basically based on true events and put together for a wide variety of people and to let the audience know that anything is possible when it comes to facing major challenges in a relationship. In short, the movie version (in my opinion and to everyone I have asked) is better than the book.

Although while reading the book, picturing that it was actually Channing Tatum had its benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment